Tuesday 21 February 2006

One week on in Edinburgh, and not much has changed.

Still living at the hostel.

Still on a very strict rotation of clothes.

Still eating far too much food.

That said, things could be worse. On the work front, I'm signed up for temp work (my visa isn't valid until later this week, so I'm not surprised it's been slow-going 'til now) with a recruitment agency here in the city. Meanwhile, I'm keeping an eye out for retail stuff as well, which pays similarly and requires much less stress and responsibility; wages here, on the whole, are pretty lousy, which isn't encouraging, but there's not much that can be done about it. Given our limited time here, I think I'd sooner enjoy myself at a low-stress job than worry about an office job where I know I have no future.

Today we began looking at apartments where we can temporarily reside, at least for a few months, whilst we work to earn some pounds; the awful exchange rate is ensuring my savings will have a short lifespan in my bank account. There have been a couple of nice places, which haven't been too expensive. It'd be great if we could find somewhere by the week's end, thus cementing our decision to stay here in Edinburgh.

Took my first photos since arriving in Edinburgh today, which is a sign that sight-seeing has been non-existant over the past eight days. Walked the short distance to Edinburgh Castle this morning (but not inside; something for a later day), from where you get fine views of the city's surrounding areas, including Firth of Forth. It's a gorgeous place.

Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment