Monday 10 September 2007

#23 Read the John Gardner James Bond novels

Status: In progress

A more arduous undertaking than many may think. John Gardner wrote 16 of these suckers in the 1980s and '90s. I attempted to start reading them before I left for England, but lost interest on page 24 of the first one. I'd just come off the Ian Fleming and Kingsley Amis books, so I may have been suffering Bond burnout. However, Gardner is seen as the Roger Moore of the literary 007, in that many of his later efforts are considered inferior entries to the series and that he hung around for far too long. That said, I plan to give this my all, though, as I started from the beginning of his tenure - Licence Renewed - while on the train today. 64 pages and counting...

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck with the challenge. If you are stuck for potential goals, I am currently doing a list myself, of 183 things before I turn 30. You are welcome to poach some goals from there. My site is project183.com

    Cheers,
    Heath

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're an insane Bond nerd.

    ReplyDelete