Sunday 16 September 2007

#2 Give Jackie a glowing mention on my blog

Status: Complete, but mushy (you have been warned)

This task is to rectify a very unfortunate oversight that occurred during my recounting of the Great Baggage Tag Heist Of 2006 - the omission of the part that one very special person played in that particular event, and the course of my life ever since.

It began with her throwaway insult towards an entire nation and its people on that summery London night last year, but has since blossomed into something much, much more. Not long after, I texted her from Spain - think of the international roaming costs; it must have been special! - begging her to remain in the UK and promising to correct the slightly sub-par time she'd been having in England thus far.

We spent the next few blissful months hanging out in London's various parks, making fun of children dropping their ice-creams - seemingly in spite of the fact I had a job to go to - before, at her suggestion, we went to Amsterdam together (site of said heist).

Unfortunately, it was with great sadness that our time in London had to come to an end - she had to return to Canada.

Yet we kept it touch as the months went by, despite the Atlantic, and our friendship became something more - which lead me all the way across that ocean two months ago, for a simply amazing two and a half weeks together. Ever since, I've been head over heels for one of the most incredible people I've ever met.

Happy three months, Jackie!

6 comments:

  1. bless your canadian socks matt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    isn't that sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comment on Matt's lovely, sticky sweet blurb about me - In progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww you know I loved it!

    And the unnecessarily long wait for my moment in the spotlight made it even more exceptional!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm feeling an odd mixture of nausea and 'awwww'ness, but I will acknowledge that it was a bit cute. You romantic you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jackie is a lucky lass. Have fun in Canada!! x

    ReplyDelete