Wednesday 6 February 2008

#35 Complete 10 random acts of kindness

Status: Three down, seven to go

Picked up a double whammy yesterday.

First, while drinking a delicious Second Cup Butter Pecan Latté (hold the pretension), I noticed a man in a wheelchair dropped what appeared to be some sort of back scratcher. Ever the kindhearted chap, I scooped it up and with a tip of my top hat, returned it to its rightful owner.

After leaving there, we headed to Safeway, our local supermarket, where, in the cereals aisle, a little old lady told me how "nice and tall" I was. After thanking her and pointing out how "nice and short" she was (not really), she asked if I could be so kind as to reach up and grab her a pack of oats.

Unfortunately, Bodie was present on both occassions, so I can't embellish either event. And I promise, this will be the last get-something-from-a-tall-shelf-for-someone act of kindness for this task.

5 comments:

  1. It's my new goal to witness one of these acts of kindness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you talking about? You saw me wash the dishes at your house yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you say Pecan Latte?? Did I get that right? Would that by any chance by a cup of coffee?? My son drinking coffee?? What is the world coming to, I thought (& had been told on numerous occasions) that I was the one with the caffeine addiction!! How could you, Matthew Weston!!

    Love from guess who!! (your mum) if you can't guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHAH... damn, you're pulling ahead of me in the random acts of kindness count. Damn old people giving you a leg up. Surely there are some old people in this hemisphere that I can exploit for kindness points too.

    ReplyDelete