Thursday 29 November 2007

#10 Visit the dentist

Status: In pain

"What a sham item!" I hear you cry. "Visit the dentist! Pish-posh! Why not list 'Eat' or 'Breathe' or 'Blink' as items! Your whole list is a disgrace and, quite frankly, you're much less deserving of my friendship than I could ever have thought!"

Well, good point and well made; even if I can't blink at the moment due to an inexplicable bout of conjunctivitis. So there!

Unfortunately, that's not my only ailment at present. For the past few days, it's felt like my jaw is in a vice. Sure, I'm dosed up on Nurofen to the point where I'm adamant I wasn't walking my dog yesterday, but rather a polka-dotted flamingo with an umbrella. However, it's done nothing for the fact my jaw is also clicking in and out of place like [insert hilarious and appropriate metaphor here].

Anyway, I called the dentist to make an appointment yesterday - personally, I'm worried it's my inaptly-named wisdom teeth - but it seems I can't get an appointment until February! Good thing this isn't 101 in 101, or I'd be freaked!

Although, I could probably get away with 'Eat', 'Breathe' and 'Blink', then...

8 comments:

  1. I've got this image of you fronting up in Canada with a huge, swollen, pussing pink eye, a dislocated jaw, teeth falling out, green gums, a pegged leg, and tripping out on painkillers, talking about how beautiful all the colours are or summat.

    And then going in for a kiss! AAAAHH!

    I should wear big sunglasses and a fake mustache to the airport just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the first paragraph really sums this up for me :P
    But considering u were suppose to get them out when u got back... regardless ur gonna have to get ur wisdoms out!

    hope u feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pucker up, Jackie-Kins!

    You can always hide behind a pillar, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pillar? In the dingy Flin Flon airport? That would require a building of some sort.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so no baked treats for you? way to ruin christmas matt!!!

    still love you though due to the tips on the firemen senario.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well if you wait that long to see the dentist at least you can use that time to save the ridiculous amount of money you will inevitably pay for you're little visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. pffft, SHAM! I'll check your teeth for you. All I need is a mirror on a stick. That'll be $800.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i want to walk a a polka dotted flamingo with an umbrella. That'd be awesome! A little Alice in Wonderland, how ironic it too was written whilst on drugs.

    ReplyDelete