Sunday 4 November 2007

#41 Find Magners Irish Cider outside of the UK

Status: Drunk

Well, not really. But merry.

I can't even begin to tell you (for obvious reasons) how many literally pint-sized bottles of this delicious drink I consumed while living in London.

Given how important a part of my British life it was, it's been an essential search to track down some scrumptious Magners Irish Cider Down Under. I'd heard rumours that it existed here... I even had a sighting once! But I had never witnessed it available in a bar first-hand. Until today!

After a surprisingly arduous walk from Main Beach to Surfers Paradise (as part of Bodie's 101 in 1001), we stepped into the first Irish pub we could find, and lo and behold, there it was!

Mmm, delish!

7 comments:

  1. Should I start looking here??

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i fixed the post, the only reason it wasn't longer was because i tried to get the picture to work then came to your house :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were like ships in the night. Niz and I were cruising Surfers around lunctime too. If I saw you though, I probably would've pretended I didn't know you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's a tasty beverage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. if you had come to the southwest you would have been lynched for calling magners good cider.. and westcountry then forced to drink many, many old-recipe ciders..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know (Chris would crucify me for this task). But proper scrumpy is impossible to come by here! And they'd probably charge an arm and a leg just for a shot glass of the stuff.

    In the meantime, it's my still-mildly-expensive Magners!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came across your blog on a search for Magner's (sweet boozy nector of gods) in Canada. Had a bit of a look round your site and see that you are a smart, worldly and decidedly un-Edmontonesque sounding chap. I am concerned that you will leave the country disillusioned and well, fairly put off by all things Canada. Please say you will try Vancouver. In the meantime, I have found recently that Rock Creek Cider (Alta) is no substitute for Magners, but provides some more accessible consolation. Best, Sarah

    ReplyDelete