Wednesday 19 April 2006

Happy Easter everyone!

Hope The Bunny gave you all plenty of chocolate!

Just a quick check-in with some birthday photos. Thanks to everyone from home and here in the UK who sent birthday greetings / wishes / presents in one form or another. Helped make my first birthday away from home that much easier!

What did I get up to? Thanks for asking! Well, aside from the aforesaid birthday drinks on Maundy Thursday, I went out for birthday drinks on Good Friday with fellow Gold Coaster and Defra employee, Julia.

Then came the big day, Saturday, when I was treated to my favourite brekkie (pancakes!) and a load of pressies (including Hugo Boss cologne and an Yves Saint Laurent polo). The morning was spent exploring the Portobello Markets, the world's largest antiques market (although they contain far more than that). It famously appeared in Notting Hill, which was shot the next suburb over from where we live.

That afternoon, I had a serving of the best sorbet in the world from Harrods. And not only did they botch my order and give me more sorbet on the house, but we were given the wrong bill and scored it cheaper - with the manager's blessing! Still set me back about $AU11,000, but hey, it was my birthday!

And in the evening, we indulged in dinner at our favourite Italian restaurant (in England; relax, parents!) before heading out for a few classy drinks.

All in all, a wonderful day, on which I was spoilt rotten! A big thank you to Vera, Derek and Karla (Vera's Mum!) for making my 21st so special - and a big thank you to all at home for your thoughts on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment