Friday 14 April 2006

So... I'm 21 tomorrow. Ancient, huh?

I know, I know, you're all thinking, "But 21 is so young!" (well, except for those of you younger than me, in which case I'm a dinosaur), but I feel I've hit the downhill point so far as birthdays are concerned. Still, I'll be trying to make the most of this one, as, as I'm so frequently told, I'm in London.

Incidentally, work were very good, insisting on taking me out for (many) drinks on Maundy Thursday (a half day, so we moved from work next door to the pub around 12:30pm... and didn't leave for many hours) before presenting me with a card signed by everyone I know in the office (and plenty of people I don't).

Hmm, birthday... umm... change of topic... went to Foyles this week, where Young Bond author Charlie Higson did a talk and signing to promote the release of Blood Fever (fantastic book, for those who like adventure novels). He was very entertaining and informative, as all well-known comedy writer and performers should be. The bookstore itself is also worth mentioning. Where else can you find a guy on stilts outside promoting a chocolate fountain, magician and pirhana tank, all of which lie within? Why London, of course!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Matty!
    Love Helen-y! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Matty!

    I don't want to turn 21, to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Mattasaurus! (mmmm *drools* sounds like a Dominos pizza)

    Sounds like you're really fitting in well at work :) That's awesome!

    One day, I'd love to swim in chocolate... (after fully disinfecting my whole body of course so I can actually safely eat the chocolate) Lindt/another good brand chocolate...

    *drools*

    Happy Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Matt! Happy Birthday. It's good to hear all is going well in that 'other' London. Sounds like you're having a blast!

    ReplyDelete