Monday 10 April 2006

Just a brief note to let you all know I'm still alive and kicking.

Nothing real big to report, but here's some space-filler anyway.

Work's plodding along, and with the first case of Avian Influenza breaking out in the UK, even if I don't land one of the 12 permanant jobs within the Department, I could well be in a job for a while.

Still doing all the British cultured stuff. On Saturday, we paid a visit to the renowned Tate Britain art gallery, which is directly across the Thames from where I work. There's plenty of ridiculously old artworks and other relics there (it's strange to look at a book knowing it's almost twice as old as the country you're from). The modern art, on the other hand, is, well, modern art... I needn't say more (not being a snooty British person; it really is that awful). Sunday, meanwhile, was spent kicking a football (a soccer ball, for you folks at home; yes, now I'm being a snooty British person) about Hyde Park. And today, Monday, I'm aching because I had no idea how woefully unfit I was. It's bad when it gets to the point you need a five minute break just from the backswing of a kick.

Anyhow, it's go-go-go, so right now I'm off to ten-pin bowl. Or ice-skate. I haven't yet decided. But for £2, it's the most fun you can have without lashing out for today's newspaper.

Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. *muah*

    i love the swan

    HAPPY EASTER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Matt! Hope you have a good one. Happy easter and all that! Hope your happy and well
    lots of love
    Trudy

    ReplyDelete