Thursday 18 October 2007

#25 Bowl another score of 160 or over at ten-pin bowling

Status: So very, very close

After coming up rather short last month, I came blazing back tonight at Strike with Bodie, Brady and special guest bowler, Zoe. Game 1 saw victory snatched from within my grasp in the final frame by Brady (it's okay; I forgive you); 128 points versus my 121. Zoe took third place with 86, while Bodie, having a self-confessed off day, scored 77 (just like an essay, hey, Brady?).

My dinner arrived - a burger containing a well-lubricated piece of chicken schnitzel that promptly slipped out from between the buns - and Game 2 was underway. In his inimitable bowling style, Bodie took fourth place on 89; though at the time of posting this blog entry, his final bowl was still making its way down the lane. Brady came in third on 99, while Zoe's years of high school practice landed her a very respectable 113. However, heartbreak came when I fell just nine pins short of my 160 goal. That said, I was chuffed with 151 and if I managed to top 160 already, it'd be a wee bit of a cop-out.

After returning our shoes (is it wrong I find bowling shoes incredibly comfortable?), we made for the bar. Wasn't long before we were ambushed by a make-up artistry tutor begging for us to gatecrash her private function for her graduating class and belt out a couple of karaoke numbers to liven things up. As typically happens on a Thursday night out. Fortunately, we kept them involved in inane conversation long enough for most of their class of teenage Barbie dolls to lose interest and head off home. Left to fend for myself against the remaining tutors and students (last time I ever sit at the end of a table), we discussed a series of hard-hitting topics, including the shallowness of Gold Coasters, how we all know each other (about 17 times) and some "hilarious" story about some girl that, er, did something. And then she threw up. I think. Truthfully, I was thinking about a monkey on a skateboard.

5 comments:

  1. Maybe in order to bowl a 160 again you need me there to put to shame? We'll go to West Ed again and you'll get this!

    (With only me there again as a witness, and my memory may have to be bribed....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahahah i just had to read the title and i laughed my pants off. bless you for 160.

    sorry i'll put my competitiveness aside for a moment.

    that's a great effort matt - you keep trying with that.... i'm sure you'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. niiice. Just browsing thru since i just started mission 101 ;-D keep up the great work. It makes you feel so good once you've crossed stuff off [which i haven't actually yet .. but getting there ;-b]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah sorry about the defeat in the first game. I don't know what came over me. It won't happen again. Fortunately the beer kicked in during the second game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice work on the bowling youll get there, just get everyone else drunk and youll be fine. looks like they do that anyway.

    That would have been cool to see Regina live, i saw an interview with her and she did seem really nervous the entire time but so sweet. Although she did do that song about oding so . . . maybe high AND nervours?

    ReplyDelete