Monday 15 October 2007

#37 Complete UK tax return

Status: Bored

I know I started this a month ago, but even if there are millions upon millions of pounds awaiting me, this paperwork has long since sucked the life-force clean from my body. Consequently, I couldn't care less if I'm actually breathing in enough oxygen right now, let alone what my total weekly income (with bonuses and overtime) before stoppages was for those three weeks I temped as a data entry clerk, a job that was almost as dull as the paperwork I'm filling out for the taxes I paid while I was working there.

Anyway, I think I'm almost done. I'm in awe that I actually thought to keep my P45 and P60 forms. No, I don't know what they are either, but I wanted to give you some idea of just how mind-numbingly boring this all is.

5 comments:

  1. you're so funny. keep up the good work...cupcakes await :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When would this money be coming your way?

    Need I recite the list that I know you have memorized in its entirety?

    I want cupcakes too! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. No idea - but I think I'm missing a form, which is an absolute pain. Oddly, it's the most recent one, too. I've kept some going back as far as March last year, but I somehow don't have one from just a few months ago. D'oh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. jackie can have cupcakes too. you make sure you get them to her safe, you hear?

    ReplyDelete
  5. They sound worth a trip to Australia, actually. I'll put in an order and come pick them up!

    ReplyDelete