Friday 21 September 2007

#25 Bowl another score of 160 or over at ten-pin bowling

Status: 37 pins short

I love those sports that require little effort. Pool? Sign me up! Mini-golf? Hand me my putter! Darts? Er, okay! Bowling requires arguably the most effort of any of those sports (that said, chalking a pool cue can be quite straining on the wrist), but it's so gosh-darn fun - and social!


Anyhoo, in light of my record of 168 pins* set with Jackie in Canada (which only occurred so that my reassurances that I was a lousy bowler could be unfairly disproved), and my regular Thursday night excursions to Strike with Bodie, Brady and Neil, I've set this task to recreate that momentous fluke of a game.

Sadly, this Thursday was not the night. A few early clunkers set me on the wrong track, but a couple of decent last frames set me up for a score of 123 (one pin more than last time, if I recall correctly). Neil, once again, gave us a good walloping, while Bodie (who bowls like a sleepy kitten) managed a very respectable 98. Brady managed to get drunk again (er, and come fourth!), while special guest ball-chucker Dan also, um, knocked down some pins. Good times!

* I think that's right. Jackie, did you still have the scorecard of the game? I left it on your desk! You wouldn't throw out a tangible memory, would you?

3 comments:

  1. I've got a scorecard alright. For MINI GOLF! You scored a 63. Perhaps you should be focusing on that instead?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And your mini-golf score, Jackie? Hmm?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sorry, it seems I've now lost the mini-golf scorecard. Guess we'll never know my score!

    ReplyDelete