Friday 14 September 2007

#37 Complete UK tax return

Status: Nauseatingly in progress

A task so boring, it will no doubt transform me into an appallingly dull fellow, unimaginative, timid, lacking in initiative, spineless, easily dominated, no sense of humour, tedious company and irrepressibly drab and awful.

Yes, 20 soul-destroying pages of employment details, agent authorisation forms, allowances and liabilities, property details, relevancies of domicile (whatever the deuce that means), and signatures, signatures, signatures!

But it potentially holds big bucks for me, so I'll persevere. That said, because my hopes are up, I'm guessing I'll receive no more than $20 (minus 18 percent commission*, of course).

Shall we start a tab?

* Now in 50% finer print

This Far Side has no relevancy; just had to throw it in to liven up what was an equally boring post.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your tax woes. But your Far Side extract made me forget your tax problems immediately. So I'm not sorry at all really. Silly poms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whereas in most activities these would be considerable drawbacks, in tax returns they are a positive boon!

    ReplyDelete