Thursday 9 March 2006

...is it the weekend yet?

I know, I know, I only started work four days ago, having come off almost two months of unemployment, but I'm only human!

New job's going fine, but anyone who's done data entry in the past will know the nauseating dullness of an eight-hour shift of copying and pasting. Aside from the four ways in which one can do this (I'm optimistic I'll eventually find a fifth), there's frighteningly little variety in the everyday routine.

I'm working in Soho, which is one of the more expensive regions in London, which is a bit of a thrill, except when it comes time to buy lunch and a humble baked potato sets you back somewhere in the region of $AU12.

I'm working in a team of five temps, several of which are Aussies, which is cool (although I'm running out of diplomatic ways to answer the question, "Are you bored yet?").

Perhaps the most exciting thing that happens during the work day is when the phone rings. Y'see, the number of the line on my desk (complete with extension) happens to be the phone number of a service listed in the Yellow Pages as Locate-a-Lawyer. I'll leave it to your imaginations to figure out where I'd love to tell callers they could find one (fortunately, I don't get many calls; I assume that's because no-one out there really wants to find a lawyer).

Anyhow, time's ticking away, which means two things: my time in this Internet café is almost up, and the weekend is now twenty minutes closer... hooray!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm first!!!!

    Eeep...sounds...erm...*cough* erm...monotonous. But it puts food (and other necessities) on the table!

    Yay to weekeneds!!!!! :D

    Miss you bebe

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!! you updated you photo gallery :P:P:P except the photos cannot be seen... :( if u stop thinking in pounds to aussie you won't feel so sad that a baked potato costs au 12 and besides there good baked potato's!!!! and ti's not like there small there big and filled with "heady goodness" :D:D
    now get back to work :P:P:P:P TGIF actually i heard they had one of those for everyday but i forget them now :( which sin't helpful lol
    talk soon
    Bodie

    ReplyDelete